Sunday, August 8, 2010

What the FUCK was I supposed to do? ERG.

Oh. The bus...

I was waiting for the bus on my way home from work today. Totally in space. Reading something. Being hot in the sun.

Then this kid comes up to me and just starts talking. He tells me that he was going to meet his friend, but his friend wasn't there. And he asks me when the bus is coming. And he's just standing there.

It's the middle of the day and everything. But, I'm still like, shit, kid, why are you talking to strangers? (I didn't say that, but I thought it...)

So, at first I'm just kinda like, okay, I'll just keep an eye on him. I don't want any perv or weirdo to come up, you know?

Then he's asking me questions about my phone. And my bus card. And the internet. And telling me where he lives and who's he's visiting. And, I mean, I was talking to him, if for no other reason than for it to seem like we know each other. I didn't want him to start talking to a drunk or a weirdo...he was so friendly. Seriously, a real conversationalist. So, he tells me where he's going. And I'm keeping an eye out for his stop, and he doesn't know the street really, just what park it's by...And I'm thinking, should I tell him not to talk to strangers? Should I give him some life advice? What the fuck should I do? I mean, I'm fucking WORRIED about this kid...He must have been like nine or ten or something...in the big city...alone, talking to weirdos.

I mean, this kid leans over in the bus and asks this girl wearing a Cubs hat who won the game...And then he asks her who was playing...Then tells her that he likes the Sox and not the Cubs...

So, we get to where I'm pretty sure is his stop and I tell him, 'This is your stop right?' And up he jumps, in mid-sentence. He says something to the bus driver. Gets off the bus. And proceeds to try to cross in front of the bus on a green light. I mean, I wanted to walk this kid home and have a word with his parents...

I don't know, you guys. I just don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment