Friday, January 7, 2011

A simple trip

My mom came to visit me recently. Here is the phone conversation after she got on the train to come see me:

Mom: Hi Honey! It's so funny! That guy who takes your money...Um...In the hat!...

Me: The conductor, mom?

Mom: Yeah! Ha! He asked me which stop I was getting off at and I suddenly couldn't remember! I'm such a scatter-brain! He said that he would just come back! Isn't that funny?

Me: Oh. Jeeze. I can't believe you don't know which stop to get off at...Did you write it down--

Mom: I'm going to have to run to the bathroom in a minute here...

Me: Okay, just make sure you bring your bags in the bathroom with you.

Mom: Why? They're heavy.

Me: Because--you don't want anyone to steal them. You're not being serious right?

Mom: Nobody'd want these heavy bags! Besides they'd feel really bad because there's a book of bible verses in there.

Me: They probably wouldn't care about the bible if they're already stealing...Seriously...Listen, just don't leave your bags alone. Okay?

Mom: DID I TELL YOU THAT I JUST GOT A BRAND NEW IPOD?

Me: Are you being serious? Are you having this conversation on the phone on the train? ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS? Is this conversation really happening?! SERIOUSLY?!


Don't worry kids. Things got better as time went on. My freakout slowly dwindled, kind of...Wish you were here! HA HA ha ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. I love my mom. Sometimes she drives me crazy, but she is wonderful and caring. And ridiculous, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete